Scholarship | Barry's Tickets 2017 All Rounder Scholarship
Barry's Ticket Service is Southern California's leading entertainment ticket provider. We specialize in providing premium hard-to-get sports, concert and theatre tickets that can suit any budget. Barry's has been in the industry for more than 31 years, and in that our customers have purchased some of the best seats in the house to some of the biggest sports, concerts and theater events in the world. Names such as The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, LA Lakers, Los Angeles Kings and The LA Dodgers and LA Clippers frequently appear in our extensive 'all-rounder' ticketing range.
Barry's Tickets understands the importance of higher education and the high financial demands it requires. Attending a college or university can be EXPENSIVE and we would like to help any way we can. That's why we've implemented our 'All-Rounder Scholarship Program;' a program that seeks to provide financial assistance to a quality all-rounded student.
Value and Duration:
Barry's Tickets will award the winning All Rounder with $1500. This is to be used towards tuition expenses, books and/or any other verified institutional costs of the determined college or university
Regardless of geographical locality, we welcome all students to apply if they meet the following requirements:
- 1. Applicants must be enrolled as a student, undergraduate or graduate student at a verified high school or university within the United States.
- 2. Applicants must have completed at least one full year at a specified educational institute or school.
- 3. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 4. Applicants must be a legal resident of the United States
Proof of enrollment must be provided. We will accept digital scans of the following as a valid proof of enrollment via email attachment with your application:
- Unofficial transcript (Applicant must submit by mail an un-opened copy of official transcripts if elected as a finalist).
- Letter from Admissions confirming deposit on school letterhead
- Official enrollment verification form
- Acceptance letter on school letterhead
The $1,500 award will be paid directly to the winner's school by July 31, 2017. Students must provide proof of enrollment prior to disbursement of the award.
Use of Award Monies
The award winner understands and represents that the scholarship monies will be sent directly to the winner's school and shall be used only for education-related purposes, such as tuition, books, etc.
Barry's Tickets All Rounder Winner will be selected, based on the following criteria.
- 1. You are a well-rounded student, achieving both in your extracurricular and curricular life.
- 2. You are strongly committed to your studies.
- 3. You answer the short essay question and fill out the All Rounder Scholarship Program form as found below. Each section of the form must be filled out in order to ensure scholarship consideration. You may choose to write your essay response in the space provided or attach it as a separate document.
In order to apply, applicants should fill out the All Rounder Scholarship Program form as found below. Each section of the form must be filled out in order to ensure scholarship consideration. You may however, choose to write your essay response in the space provided or attach it as a separate document.
Short Essay Question:
In 750-1000 words or less, Describe how you have contributed to your current school community and/or the wider community. This may include a youth group, sporting association of any area of community service that you have been involved in.
Value: US $1,500 towards tuition fees and expenses.
Length of Scholarship: One semester.
Closing Date for Entries: 31st December 2017.
Most Recent Winners
December 2015: Philip Ma
Congratulations to our 2015 scholarship winner, Philip Ma. Philip's application on how he plans to improve the lives of others has not only become his purpose in life, but also his source of inspiration to overcome the hardships of studying medicine the clear winner. Philip plans to use the award to complete his second semester of his third year at the University of Michigan.
June 2016: Christopher Salavitch
Congratulations to our June 2017 scholarship winner, Christopher Salavitch. Chris Salavitch is currently a first-year Doctor of Physical Therapy student at the University of Kansas. He plans to explore ways we can change the outlook of childhood obesity and its underlying complications. Chris believes that by providing proper education and resources, we can make great strides in combatting childhood obesity and making the world a better, healthier place for the next generations.