Ranking the Top 5 NBA Point Guards
Having a top 5 point guard on your team is the equivalent to having Tom Brady as your quarterback or Corey Crawford as your goalie. The NBA point guard has become the dominating position in the NBA and had more influence on the game outcome than ever before.
The point guard of today’s NBA has to has the ability to not only steal but also has the leadership off and on the court like never before. With numerous factors including points and assists, efficiency, as well as a plus-minus rating here is our list of the Top 5 NBA Point Guards for the 2015-2016 NBA Season.
5. Kyrie Irving – Kyrie Irving is on this list because he is so skilled he’s an amazing shooters especially from 3 point. His handles are amazing and he is very athletic and can really score the basketball. In 4 years in his career his averages are 21 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 5.2 assists. He is a 3 time All Star, the 2012 rookie of the year and helped bring the Cleveland Cavaliers to the 2015 NBA Finals.
Kyrie Irving's 3 ankle-breaking moves on… by BallisLife1
4. John Wall – The Washington Wizards John Wall is on this list because he’s a great leader, he is very athletic, he has great handles and is a great passer and defender. His career averages were 17.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 8.7 assists. In 5 seasons he is a 2 time All Star and the 2014 Slam Dunk Champion.
3. Stephen Curry – Stephen Curry is on this list because he is a pure superstar. He is the best shooter and 3 point shooter in the league, he’s a great passer and a great defender. His career averages are 20.9 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 6.9 assists. In 6 seasons he was the MVP this past season, he is a 2 time All-Star, he is the defending 3 point champion, and he led the Golden State Warriors to there 1st NBA Championship in 40 years.
Please visit www.facebook.com/BayAreaSportsReport for more cool photos and info on YOUR Golden State Warriors, SF Giants and SF 49ers.
2. Russell Westbrook – Russell Westbrook is on this list because is like superman on the basketball court. He is super athletic, a great scorer, can cross you over, a great defender, can pop the mid range jumper all day, he is the definition of a stat sheet stuffer and a triple double machine. His career averages are 21.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 7.1 assists. In 7 seasons he is a 5 time All Star, was the All Star game MVP this past season, and he helped take the Oklahoma City Thunder to the 2012 NBA Finals.
1. Chris Paul – Chris Paul is on this list because he will always be the most fierce competitor on the court. LA Clippers Chris Paul is a great shooter, defender, and the best passer in the game and has just a clear skill set and is one of the greatest leaders in the game. His career averages are 18.7 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 9.9 assists. In 10 seasons he is an 8 time All-Star, the 2013 All-Star game MVP, and the 2006 rookie of the year giving Chris Paul our #1 in the ranking of the Top 5 NBA Point Guards for the 2015-2016 NBA season.
Who do you think are the Top 5 NBA Point Guards this upcoming season?