Los Angeles , or the City of Angels , is the 2 nd largest city in the U.S. Home to almost 22 million people, Los Angeles City itself was founded in 1781. It is a place rich in culture, science, technology, international trade, and higher education.
Los Angeles is home to many famous amphitheatres. Home of the entertainment mecca of America , Los Angeles places a high value on the performing arts. The amphitheatres in Los Angeles are an enormous attraction for people, and one of the reasons so many visitors flock to Southern California each year.
An amphitheatre is referred to as a level and open space surrounded by an oval area that gradually ascends. Best suited for seating people on the sloping area, amphitheatres are an ancient Roman design that requires no additional use of technology for its sound quality; its architecture is perfect in structure and reverberates evenly and equally. Used for games, concerts, rallies, theatrical performances, and more, an amphitheatre exists in three classifications; ancient, contemporary, and natural.
An ancient amphitheatre is a public building of the Classical period, such as the Coliseum in Rome , Italy . The Amphitheatres of Arles and Thysdrus are other well-known ancient amphitheatres, and are typically focused for hosting games and sporting events.
A contemporary amphitheatre is curved for acoustically vibrant performance space. Some well-known amphitheatres of these types are the Universal Amphitheatre, Hollywood Bowl, Coors Amphitheatre ( San Diego ), Greek Theatre ( Los Angeles ), Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, and many more.
A natural amphitheatre is a performance space which is located in a spot where a steep mountain or a particular rock formation naturally amplifies or echoes sound, making it ideal for musical and theatrical performances. Some of the famous natural amphitheatres are the Drakensberg amphitheatre, Echo amphitheatre, and many more.
The following are some of the famous amphitheaters which can be found in Los Angeles :
- The former Universal Amphitheatre. It is located in the Universal City, California, USA. The Gibson Amphitheatre, originally built in the year 1972, was remodeled in the year 1982. This amphitheatre is famous for hosting many entertaining shows, such as the Teen Choice Awards, Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, The Who, and Tenacious D. This amphitheatre is also the 2 nd largest theater in California . It can accommodate 6,189 spectators for concerts and other shows.
- The Greek Theatre sits in Griffith Park in Los Angeles , California . This amphitheatre is famous for its physical form that looks like a Greek temple. Built in the 1929, the Greek Theatre today hosts many concerts, beautiful shows, and memorable graduation ceremonies. Some shows include Crosby , Still & Nash, The White Stripes, Sugar Water Festival, 70 Soul Jam Tour, Martina McBride, Disco Inferno, 90 Reunited, and many more.
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine- (formerly Irvine Meadows)
- This large amphitheatre offers 15,000 seats. The Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine amphitheatre is visited by many spectators because of its relaxing ambiance and world-class shows.
- Located in Costa Mesa , Orange County , it is one of the most famous amphitheatres in California . The Pacific Amphitheatre is known for its family-friendly atmosphere and is especially fun during its Lexus Summer Concert Series, which takes place at the same time as the Orange County Fair every year.
- The summer home for the famous Los Angeles Philharmonic and the regular home for the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, since 1922 the Hollywood Bowl has hosted many shows. Famous artists such as Cher, Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, The Who, Nine Inch Nails, Def Leppard, Ben Harper, Willie Nelson, Queens of the Stone Age, Gwen Stefani, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Coldplay, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Ryan Adams, Sigur Rós, Ozomatli, the Doors, Patsy Cline, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Pink Floyd, Monty Python, Judy Garland, Daniel Rodriguez, Johnny Cash, and more, are just a few of the notable artists who have staged performances in the Hollywood Bowl. This amphitheatre can accommodate 17,416 spectators and visitors.
The amphitheaters in Los Angeles are truly a great place to visit. You will enjoy the remarkable entertainment that the Los Angeles amphitheaters provide. Grab some Los Angeles amphitheaters tickets today- don't miss these fabulous entertainment venues!
If you want to have more information about Los Angeles City, we have provided some valuable information about Los Angeles Hotels. Make your stay in Los Angeles a great experience by checking out some information about the hotels in Los Angeles. We have also included Los Angeles Restaurants to enjoy your favorite food. Los Angeles has all kind of restaurants and different kind of food for all cultures. We not only offer Los Angeles Sports, Concert, and theatre tickets but we make sure to offer all the information you need for all People who live in Los Angeles or visiting Los Angeles for the first time.
We handle all Los Angeles Events from Doctor Dolittle Pantages Theater, Annie Pantages Theater
Little Women Pantages Theater,
Rolling Stones Hollywood Bowl Tickets,
Cream Hollywood Bowl Depeche Mode Tickets,
Radiohead Los Angeles as well as all other Los Angeles Concerts, Los Angeles Sports, and Los Angeles Theater events..
Los Angeles Hotels
Los Angeles Restaurants
Los Angeles Concert Tickets
Los Angeles Sports Tickets
Restaurants near the Greek Theater
Restaurants near the Pantages Theater
Restaurants near the Staples Center
Access our site for a complete inventory of tickets, schedule of events, seating chart, address, parking, directions, and more. Contact us today and we'll be glad to help
We not only offer Los Angeles Amphitheatre events tickets, we also cater to your favorite Los Angeles Sports, Concert, and Theatre ticket needs. For information on more great Los Angeles events, whether you live here or are visiting, be sure to contact us today.
We are not affiliates of any Los Angeles Amphitheatres. We are an independent ticket broker. Please note: prices may be higher than those printed on your ticket. This reflects our cost of obtaining premium seating for you.