|| Megadeth Biography:
Megadeth is a band that plays heavy metal, thrash metal, and speed metal, from Brooklyn, New York. The members of this gifted band include; Dave Mustaine on vocals, rhythm and lead guitars and also the songwriter of the group; Glen Drover on lead guitars; Shawn Drover on drums; and James JLo LoMenzo on bass guitars.
The band was formed in the summer of 1983, after Dave Mustaine was fired from Metallica. He formed the band together with former members such as bassist David Ellefson, guitarist Greg Handevidt, and drummer Dijon Carruthers. Dave later said, “After getting fired from Metallica, all I remember is that I wanted blood. Theirs. I wanted to be faster, and heavier than them”.
Dave raised the intensity of Megadeth's music, speeding up existing songs such as Mechanix that was previously performed with Metallica at a much slower pace with the changed song title and lyrics. Dave planned to handle lead vocal duties himself, after unsuccessfully searching for a vocalist for nearly six months, while also serving as the band's primary lyricist, main songwriter, and co-lead and rhythm guitarist.
Dijon was soon replaced by drummer Lee Rausch, and guitarist Greg Handevidt left the band in late 1983 to form Kublai Khan. By early 1984, Megadeth recorded a three song demo, featuring Dave, David Ellefson, and Lee Rausch that contained early versions of Last Rites/Loved to Death, Skull Beneath the Skin, and Mechanix. Kerry King of Slayer fame covered a handful of live dates while a permanent replacement was sought. Lee Rausch was replaced by fusion drummer Gar Samuelson, after just a few shows in 1984. On the strength of their three song demo, Megadeth signed with the New York based independent label Combat Records, and in December added second guitarist Chris Poland, a friend of Gar's from the fusion scene.
The band continues to rock our world from 2004 up to present. However, the Megadeth disbanded in 2002 after Dave Mustaine suffered a severe nerve injury to his left arm, but following extensive physical therapy, Dave reformed the band in 2004 and released The System Has Failed, which debuted at no.18 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, followed by United Abominations in 2007 that debuted at no.8 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.
Megadeth is indeed an excellent band with great passion in their music. The band has contributed a lot to the music industry as they continue to rock on from generation to generation.
• United Abominations - released in 2007 under Roadrunner Records
• The System Has Failed - released in 2004 under Sanctuary Records
• The World Needs a Hero - released in 2001 under Sanctuary Records
• Risk - released in 1999 under Capitol Records
• Cryptic Writings - released in 1997 under Capitol Records
• Youthanasia - released in 1994 under Capitol Records
• Countdown to Extinction - released in 1992 under Capitol Records
• Rust in Peace - released in 1990 under Capitol Records
• So Far, So Good... So What! - released in 1988 under Capitol Records
• Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? released in 1986 under Capitol Records
• Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! - released in 1985 under Combat Records